What is photography?
“Photography is an art of observation. It has little to do with the things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them,” said by Elliot Erwitt. And Professional photography is an interesting career choice and one that is suitable for people who are attracted to the idea of making a living by using their creative talents. We can consider that photography and painting are the same. Each renders imagination in tangible form. The difference is that painters can work completely from imagination, although most of us work from life as a starting point.
Getting started in the world of digital photography today can seem overwhelming. Our digital SLRs have more buttons, dials, and menu options than any person can reasonably be expected to keep track of.
Don’t be fooled. If we brush aside the terminology and sales gimmicks, photography today is just as simple as it was 50 years ago; maybe even simpler. A very talented team boudoir photography in Naples FL has all of these and the further mentioned ones too.
There are really only three things that you need to learn to understand photography. Once you understand these three basic elements, and how they relate to each other, you’ll only be limited by your own creativity and desire to practice. These things are:
- Shutter Speed
- ISO / Film Speed
That’s it. Once you understand how these things affect your images and how they relate to each other, everything else just falls into place. Each of these three elements affects your image in two ways: one is physical, and one is creative.
Types of Photographers:
- Photojournalists: They are also known as news photographers, they are typically employed by newspapers, magazines, or television stations.
- Commercial and industrial photographers: These photographers have their work appear in a variety of media, including books, reports, advertisements, publicity brochures, and catalogs.
- Scientific photographers: These photographers capture images of a variety of subjects to illustrate or record scientific or medical information.
- Portrait photographers: They usually work in their own studios but also may travel to take photographs at schools, offices, or private homes.
- Fine arts photographers: The high-quality photographs taken by these people are typically sold as fine artwork. This type of photographer needs not only technical proficiency, but also artistic talent and creativity.
Things you must know about Photography:
- Look, Listen, and Practice. Try to view as many famous photographs as possible. Look at magazines and photo websites constantly. Take a look at what is getting published and compare it to your own photos. It is vital to compare and learn from otherÓ³ work. The more critical the eye of the photographer, the better the quality of the photographs.
- Decide what type of photographer to be. This decision should be based on one’s interests and talents.
- Develop an outstanding portfolio. For freelance photographers especially, a good portfolio is critical. Include the best of your personal work. Then start submitting photos to contests and magazines.
- Girls dig photographers. So you have to keep in mind about this
- Spend less time looking at other people’s work and more time shooting your own.
- People will always discredit your work if you tell them you “Photoshop” your images. Rather, tell them that you process them in the “digital darkroom.”
- Have at least 2 backups of all your images. Like they say in war, two is one, one is none.
- Be original in your photography. Don’t try to copy the style of others.
- Learn how to enjoy the moment, rather than relentlessly trying to capture the perfect picture of it.
- You don’t need to fly to Paris to get good photos; the best photo opportunities are in your backyard.
Photography requires training but the photographer also needs to pour their emotions into it. That’s when your work reaches a level, it will have your logo or sign somewhere at the corner but your speciality or your essence should be visible in the photo just my looking at it and the sign won’t be required to know its you, the photo is enough. So, observe things around and turn yourself into an artist legend from a just a photographer.